Capture your city with our photography and poetry competitions. New in 2017, the Architecture Centre is looking for creative responses that capture the experience of Bristol Doors Open Days 2017. Great prizes to be won!
Photographs are a fantastic way of catching the excitement, exploration and experience of the weekend. It is a four-day whistle-stop festival across the city and each year countless visitors share with us their discovery of special views and hidden corners. This year we are launching the first ever festival photography competition. With our 2017 theme ‘Sensing Spaces – Bodies in Space’ we are inviting festival goers to get out into the city and capture the smell, sound, taste and touch of a Bristol Doors Open Days venue. Let’s be creative and snap a new perspective on the city’s architecture.
We have a host of great prizes to be won and for further incentive the winning entrants and shortlisted images will be exhibited in the Bristol Doors Open Days exhibition at the Architecture Centre gallery following the competition.
How to enter:
- Take a photo during your Doors Open Days exploration
- Tag it using the hashtag #BristolDOD
- Share it with us:
- Don’t forget to mention your age and the name of the venue you’ve shot.
‘Building Poetry’ Competition for Families
Get creative and constructive with our poetry competition, inviting families to compose a short verse about a building visited during Bristol Doors Open Days. The competition is for children aged 16 and under. Prizes will be given to various age groups.
How to enter:
- Take a picture of your poem
- Share it with us via twitter @BristolDOD using the hashtag #BristolDOD
- Don’t forget to mention your age and parent/guardian contact details for your entry
- Alternatively you can email is to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for both competitions is Friday 15 September.